Monday, February 9, 2009

# 169

Hello, campers.
Here’s what we worked on this week…


We had a fine time earlier this week “sleeping” in a yurt for a little one night get away. When you’re camping far from your TV and computer, it seems very late at night just as soon as the sun goes down, so you end up going to bed for the night sooner than your body is used to. I think I woke up every fifteen minutes or so, sometimes hallucinating in a dreamlike state about where I was. At one point, I was sure I had collapsed the bed and had crashed through the floorboards.
We came home from this trip smelling like a campfire, but more importantly, keenly aware that we should simply our lives yet again. We’re taking steps to conserve our money, food, water, and electricity. I have to admit, our new “one shower a day” rule is the hardest. Is a hot shower not the height of luxury? When you’re in there, you’re not even expected to answer the phone. It’s a perfect world behind that curtain, and I will miss it 23 ½ hours a day.

-Dylan

No comments: