Sunday, July 11, 2010

#240

Hello, everyone.
We're getting back to our roots this week with a one-of-a-kind piece up for auction on ebay. Let me present Alice and her Cheshire Cart. . .



And the rest of our art is on our website, as always. . .

We're pretty much settled into our new house here in Sherwood, Oregon. You know you're settled when you get up in the middle of the night and you know just where the light switch is. But then again, if you're waking up in the middle of the night, maybe you're not settled. It is hot here, and we don't have air conditioning. I haven't started to hallucinate yet from lack of sleep like I did when our air conditioner broke in Florida, but then again, that giant baby that rides his scooter around our living room might not be real.

Another change I'm trying to make in our new surroundings is a game I call "park the car." Basically, I try to leave the car parked and use my bike to run our errands as much as possible. I tried attaching milk crates to the back of my bike to store groceries in with limited success. Instead of breaking down and just buying a bike rack or a basket, I'm sweating out in the garage trying to screw together milk crates, scrap wood, and old license plates. But it turned out way too Sanford and Son, even for me.
Another do it yourself project this week was my head. This extreme heat will make you do strange things, and in an attempt to cool off, I tried to give myself a haircut in the yard with my electric beard trimmer. Jo had to take over at a certain point, repeating to herself over and over "Oh my God. . . oh my God." She still looks sadly at the back of my head, but I can't see back there, so I'm good.

-Dylan

No comments: