Wednesday, July 6, 2011

#272

Hi there.
Good to see ya.
There are drinks and chips on the table.

My son and I are back from our two week vacation at my parent's place in Satellite Beach, Florida. We had a glorious time. My brother and his wife and two girls were there as well. My nieces have extraordinary imaginations, so we played talking games for hours which usually started with "pretend this is a sword" and ended with me playing a southern belle.
"Girly, girly, girly, curly, curly curly."

My brother is in the Air Force, so we were able to rent a surfboard and an ocean kayak from Patrick Air Force base for next to nothing. Surfing with military prop planes and helicopters landing on the other side of the dune gave it an Apocalypse Now quality.
"Charlie don't surf!"

We came back on Jimmy's 16th birthday to a home in desperate need of an air conditioner in the window. I had it buried somewhere in the garage, so Jo had been living with the windows open, and getting to know our neighbors better as the smell of burnt coffee or the sounds of an argument drifted in the open windows.

-Dylan

No comments: