Sunday, May 10, 2009

#182

Happy Mother’s Day!!!
Yes, It’s still Mother’s Day here on the Oregon coast for another 30 minutes. Here’s our patriotic trio for the week…

Jo and I took a day off this week to drive to Portland and take pictures of a couple of drummers’ heads. Perhaps further explanation is called for here. Jo’s brother, Andrew, and our long time friend, Jim, are the ones that played the drums for me on my two albums. I need pictures of their heads to put on top of a headless drummer puppet, which my son will operate for my music video. If you can’t quite picture what I’m talking about, here’s a picture I made of my own guitar playing puppet. I set this picture up for my mom for Mother’s Day, but I’m sure she won’t mind sharing it with all of you.

It was the first time I saw the puppet with a head on it. I’m not sure which is scarier…a headless puppet, or a two foot man that looks like me. Either way, nightmares are inevitable.

-Dylan

2 comments:

canngil said...

This is the first time I have ever gone to your own blog, but go to your wife's all the time. You are doing some interesting things, and I got the singing eye!
do you do your own photography, because i recognize the art, but those are not the pictures that she uses.....

Dylan Curry said...

Thanks! Yes, those pictures and art pieces in the video are by me. I mainly do musical instruments out of wood and license plates. Glad you enjoyed the video!
-Dylan