Tuesday, May 26, 2009

#184

Hello, all.
Here’s what we have prepared to delight your senses. Well, most of your senses anyway. The dolls don’t really smell like anything, and they seldom make a sound. I really should have thought this through.

I can’t speak for anyone else in the family, but I am officially in hiding. Before our little coastal town was invaded with tourists for the holiday weekend, I stocked up on everything we’d need to hunker down: 700 pounds of ground beef, fake american cheese, popcorn, and tea. I’m sure Jo is kicking herself for not giving me a shopping list. But I have a view of highway 101 from here, and I’m not going out again until all of the vehicles I see are clearly local “Lincoln City cars.” They’re easy to spot because they all have at least one window covered in plastic and duct tape. My car doesn’t have such a window, but it does rattle something fierce upon occasion, so the other locals can identify me as one of their own if they are using all of their senses.
We’re back to senses, eh?

-Dylan

1 comment:

Kipik said...

fake cheese: stay away from that dope, it will kill you! but then you drink tea: it will save you! life's great ballancing act! oh and... you don't need to think things through... you're like a cat that always falls back on his feet!