Sunday, February 14, 2010

#221

Hello, friends.
Here’s the art. . .

You may notice that there aren’t any newly designed pieces this week. We spent the week creating art that our greatly appreciated customers ordered from us, and also planning our first ever art show! It’s still a long way off, September 25th in Petaluma, California. It’s called Halloween and Vine, and we feel honored that that we’re going to be a part of it. We’re already sketching, scheming, scratching our heads, and dreaming.
One of the things we’re trying to work out is the best way to accept credit cards. An old fashioned “knuckle buster” to make carbon copied imprints of the cards? I once cut a man’s card in half accidentally with one of those things back when I worked at a book store. Or should we join the modern age and get an iphone and the credit card app? A wireless laptop and a USB swiper? We’ll have to figure something out, because we are no longer a cash economy. I remember the first time I saw a fast food restaurant accepting plastic. I thought that was so funny. Now I look them sideways if they say “Sorry, it’s cash only.” I’ve hardly touched any paper money since 2003. Before that, I was a bellman with a pocket full of the stuff. A pocket that Jo used to raid before I woke up, only to find the living room littered with bags of new art supplies.

-Dylan

1 comment:

Kipik said...

I have the same dilema, wonder if I'll ever make the jump, or go and live in a cave and throw stones at people approaching.