Sunday, May 30, 2010

#235

Hello, music fans.
We will have some new pieces to share with you soon on our website. We've made some of our skeletons in different sizes, I just need to edit their pictures and get them onto our website. But I didn't want to wait any longer to send the newsletter, because my music video for Old Ghost is finished and ready for you as promised. Be sure to watch it in HD. Here 'tis...


I had a lot of fun putting together the credits because it was only a matter of hours from the time that I had the idea to the time they were finished. . .unlike the music video which was really the product of several years worth of days off tinkering in the garage. But I tried to enjoy every step along the way, from studying the original set in the Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus, to building the puppet set and instruments, sewing the puppets, shooting it with my son, Jimmy, as my main go-to puppeteer, editing it on the computer, and a million other steps I won't bother to list. I have no idea how many hours were logged working on this and the first video, and I have no idea why I did it other than I felt compelled to. I had an idea that seemed like a good one, and I was tired of hearing myself talk about good ideas without seeing them through.
Now I have to move on to the next video, the next song, the next scheme, the next fill in the blank that makes me jump out of bed in the morning (or early afternoon.)

-Dylan

No comments: