Sunday, August 8, 2010

#244

Hiya, kids!
Back by popular demand, we have some raindrop ornaments as well as some cloud ornaments listed on etsy.


And we have a one-of-kind Halloween piece that can be found here.



And the rest of our art, as usual, found here.

My parents are visiting us this week. They have a house in Satellite Beach, Florida, but they are currently living and working in New Orleans. I've known them a long time, and they've known each other even longer. Today is their 40th wedding anniversary in fact. Nice round numbers seem to stick out for some reason. On their 20th anniversary, my brother was at the Air Force Academy, and I was on vacation with my parents in New Orleans. None of us had a clue back then that they would one day live there. My memories from that trip include listening to books on tape to fulfill my English reading requirements for my upcoming senior year of high school. I played them at high speed to further conserve my valuable time. I also remember trying to lure a giant river rat closer to me with a warm beignet.
I'm one of those rare people that had an ideal childhood. Just the sounds of my parents' voices in the house is one of the most calming things to me, even today. It takes me back to being a kid, lying in bed trying to fall asleep with my Dad's booming voice and my Mom's heartfelt laugh in the next room. It's one of my favorite things to hear, which is why I put their voices, taken off an old home video, at the beginning of my music video for "Old Ghost." It's a detail I put in for my own enjoyment. If you haven't seen it yet, or if you want to watch it again and listen for Jim and Leslie Curry, here 'tis.

-Dylan

No comments: