Monday, August 4, 2008

#142

Hello, dear friends.
Here’s the art, as promised.

Jo and I both have our little side projects that we tinker with from time to time. When Jo is feeling restless and tired of painting, she usually reorganizes something. It could be the photo albums… it could be her art supplies. She once rearranged the living room just for the sake of a change, and in a half dream state, I tried to sit on a couch that was no longer there.
My side project is a music video that I have been working on for a couple of years now. No, I haven’t shot any footage yet. I’ve just been building all the necessary props and players, such as a miniature drum set out of wood and license plates, a couple of rock-n-roll puppets (if there is such a thing), and guitars for them to play. I’ve recently picked the project back up and started building the set in the garage. It’s meant to look like my band (represented by a puppet band) is playing at the Rolling Stones Rock-n-Roll Circus. If you haven’t seen that TV special The Stones made in the 60’s, you should check it out. It’s got some incredible performances by Jethro Tull, The Who, John Lennon, The Rolling Stones, and more. You can see pieces on YouTube if you can’t find it on DVD.
Maybe puppets and rock-n-roll don’t mix. But then again, maybe they do. When I was in the fourth grade, my favorite band was The Beatles. But before that, it was the Muppet band.
“Like wow.”

-Dylan

No comments: