Wednesday, June 24, 2009

#188

Hello again.
Yes, our week’s work is finally all listed!
And here ‘tis…


Besides being behind in our work this week, the most memorable thing about the last seven days would have to be climbing “the hill” twice. Walking up steep hills is one of my favorite forms of exercise, and this week I got to show several friends of the family my favorite hill on the friendly side of a “No Trespassing” sign. Once you’ve conquered the climb, the view is your reward. You have the deadly beautiful Pacific Ocean on one side…

…and Devil’s Lake on the other.


And between those two views you have a scale model of the town you thought you knew so well.


And all around you on this grassy hilltop are empty spots in the tall grass where the elk sleep at night. They’re up there now looking down on my lonely little reading lamp in my miniature window.

-Dylan

2 comments:

The Little Green Goat. said...

Great shots, STUNNING. What a cool place to live.

The Rustic Victorian said...

It's home, it's home, it's home,,,thank you for posting these, I am so home sick, I must make reservations.
Thank you Dylan!
Marcie
the gal that moved to freekin alabama