Sunday, October 10, 2010

#252

Hello, all.
Just a reminder that some of our auctions for one-of-a-kind pieces will end soon, and there will be more listed tonight, which will end in a week. You can find them by clicking this link.

And there's more Halloweeny pieces of ours on etsy.

And don't forget the link to our little house of art on our website.

Links are kind of like elevator buttons. You push them, and you don't really have to worry about the mechanics of how they take you to your desired destination, you just get transported there. Unfortunately, someone hijacked my elevator this week. I'd type something into google, get my list back of websites I might potentially want to visit, but when I clicked on one I'd get taken to where the hacker wanted me to go, which was usually some crummy looking search engine page with lots of ads. Now this just wouldn't do. I felt about the same way you'd feel knowing someone was tinkering with your car at night. Of course I'm going to sit up all night in a tree with a crossbow waiting for them.
But this man-made virus was slippery and had teeth. It disabled windows defender, wouldn't let me search for or download anti-virus programs, and threw up fake security warnings with "clean computer" buttons that I dared not touch. I was finally able to download AVG, a free anti-virus program that all the egg heads recommended, and I now recommend it to you with my own oddly shaped head. Somewhere on my computer I now have a vault where these trojan beasts are housed. Sometimes I visit them and turn into the warden from Cool Hand Luke.
"What we have here is a failure to communicate."

-Dylan

No comments: